Wednesday, February 06, 2008

My crystal ball

My crystal ball looks like this:

The Republicans (with some grumbling) consolidate around McCain.

The Democrats continue to squabble over Clinton and Obama all the way to the convention. There is a big fight over Michigan and Florida delegations. Eventually they will be seated, as Clinton delegations. That, and the superdelegates, eventually put Clinton over the top. Clinton does NOT select Obama as her running mate (she picks someone like Evan Bayh). Lots of bitter people over the mistreatment and/or disrespect of Obama.

UPDATE: 9 PM 6 Feb: I have changed my mind again. Now I think Obama is going to win.

McCain then has to make a smart choice for VP. The way I figure it, he HAS to win both Missouri and Ohio. Mike Huckabee may help with Missouri (probably not much, though), but maybe he should consider Missouri Governor Matt Blunt (born 1970(!); graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy(!); did military service in Haiti and Operation Enduring Freedom; elected Missouri governor in 2004. Tim Pawlenty would also be a good choice.

No comments: