Tuesday, January 15, 2008

More red tape

Yesterday I got an email from the registrar at the U of M Law School. He had been in contact with ACA's hiring officials. It seems that the problem is not the handwritten items on the transcript, but they need a sealed copy of the transcript.

What is the problem here? Do they think that I will forge my transcript, or that I did not graduate from law school? No, the problem is that some bureaucrat needs to check a box to ensure that every item is completed.

I took the Metro in to the Pentagon today, met Ms. J. outside her office, and gave her the transcript in the sealed envelope. She was very apologetic. I remarked that while I was aware the Army was not a model of efficiency, this was ridiculous. She commiserated, saying that they had been having problems with the personnel office in Germany. She said that two other people were in the same boat, and one was being held up by security clearance issues. She did say that it appeared that they had everything they need now.

In other news, DISA advertised Mike's position, with an opening date of 15 January and a closing date of 15 February. I might as well apply for it, as it is a promotion opportunity and I may well get it before I go to Kuwait.

No comments: