Monday, January 07, 2008

The President's trip to the Mideast

I got off work today because the window on my office were being bomb-proofed. A reminder of the continuing war we are facing.

I know this news item has gotten lost in the election hoopla, but the President is flying to the Middle East this week. He'll be going to Israel, the West Bank, Kuwait (including Camp Arifjan), Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt. One of his goals is to stiffen resistance to Iran.

Adam Gadhan, the American-born Al Qaeda spokesperson, has called for the president to be received with "bombs and booby-trapped vehicles.

UPDATE: Yesterday, McCain also brought up the case of Adam Gadahn, the American who joined al-Qaeda and tore up his passport in a newly-released propaganda tape. “Someday, I’ll make that young man regret that he tore up his American passport,” McCain said, to great applause. You got the idea that McCain wouldn’t mind doing it personally.

I like.

No comments: