Friday, January 11, 2008

Red Tape!

I got to work this morning and there was an email from Ms. R. in Kuwait, saying that Mr. O. in Germany must forward the final job offer and negotiate the release date before travel arrangements can be made. USACC SWA-KU is not on DTS. So, it looks like I won't leave on the 20th.

Later in the day, I got a call from Mr. Z. at ACA. He said that Mr. O. in Germany and Ms. J. in Virginia are trying to coordinate with each other. Ms. J. was concerned that my transcript had "pen and ink" items instead of being typewritten, and wondered if I could obtain a typewritten transcript. I said I doubted it, because my transcript was 20 years old, and the law school does not like to provide transcripts directly to the student. I gave him the number of the law school registrar.

Later in the day, the U of MN registrar emails me, saying he got a voicemail from Mr. Z., but misheard his name and telephone number. I emailed him back, explaining the situation, and asking him for any help he could provide. The registrar emailed me back, saying he called Mr. Z. back and left a message.

No comments: